This month’s release includes several improvements and bug fixes to search, merchandising and insights.
- Improved: Product Insights
- Fixed: Autocomplete not ordering merchandised items correctly
- Fixed: IntelliSuggest sometimes not promoting products
- Improved: Merchandising campaign optimizations
Improved: Product Insights
Product Insights received a redesign so that it’s more consistent with the rest of Insights. Additional reporting improvements were made to provide more accurate product data analytics and insights.
Fixed: Autocomplete not ordering merchandised items correctly
Autocomplete was not correctly ordering Merchandising elevations. This has been fixed so that Autocomplete now shows merchandised products in the correct order.
Fixed: IntelliSuggest sometimes not promoting products
Some sites have not been elevating IntelliSuggest products unless at least one merchandising campaign existed. This has been fixed so IntelliSuggest elevations always occur, regardless of whether merchandising campaigns exist or not.
Improved: Merchandising campaign optimizations
Merchandising campaigns can act unexpectedly when multiple campaigns apply to a search (e.g., searching and applying multiple filters, each of which triggers a different campaign).
We have adjusted our campaign logic to reduce bad behavior and add clarity to merchandising:
- Search campaigns always take priority
- Filter campaigns can be applied, but cannot override Search campaigns (so “added products” in Search campaigns will never “disappear” while faceting)
- If two campaigns are scored the same (e.g., if two filters are selected and each one has an associated campaign), the newer campaign will take priority
Want to keep tabs on us?
Sign up for our newsletter and get notified every month with what we've been up to.
The latest guides, advice, and insights from our experts
How the Experts do Ecommerce Merchandising
In this webinar, you’ll learn how the experts merchandise industry-leading online stores, and how you can start implementing their best practices on your ecommerce site today.
Big Book of Holiday Inspiration for 12 ecommerce ideas you should be copying
The Big Book of Holiday Inspiration outlines 12 ideas you should be copying in your Black Friday & Cyber Monday ecommerce strategy, with real examples from retailers who are already getting it right.
What You Should Know Before Choosing A 3rd Party Provider
Don't waste time comparing features, we think there’s a more valuable approach you can take...